I pulled out a jar of peaches for lunch. I've known Avery to not really try peaches, she's left them on her plate and never returned. She said to be as I opened the jar, "I remember trying it and I don't like it." She has tried it, a long, long time ago. I'm sure she doesn't remember tasting it. I'm sure she had it in her mind that she didn't even want to try it and wasn't going to like it at all.
I pulled out the first peach and stuffed it into my mouth. "Yum", I tried to convince her that it was indeed as delicious as it is. "I remember I don't like it." she tried again. I kept putting the peaches in my mouth. I kept describing to her how delicious it tasted. I told her it was nature's candy. She promptly jumped down from her chair, got out her own fork and pulled a peach out of the jar. She took a minuscule bit, not expecting to like it. BUT, she did like it. She ate almost the whole jar of peaches. "I like it, I like it.", she told me like the character at the end of Green Eggs and Ham. By the end of the jar she was feeling a little sick because she ate too many.
No comments:
Post a Comment